There's this nifty stuff we use to do low-level radioactive decontamination called No-Count. It's a surface decontaminant for first-level cleaning. Comes in a big aerosol can, and sorta comes out in this big white mousse-y like blob that you then wipe down your stuff with.
I was using it to clean up a small spill, then wondered what it really was. Turns out it's just a really good detergent, and the spray can just helps it really get into a surface. The stuff works wonders, cleans up fairly easily, and even smells nice (sorta lemony).
I got to thinking... why don't they market this for household use? I mean, it clearly is really good at cleaning stuff, and I'm willing to bet it'd get rid of lots of stains and such from surfaces. I commented about this to another lab member, and said, "Hey, they could even market it by saying that scientists use it all the time to even clean up radioactive spills! They would sell like hotcakes."
My coworker gently reminded me that only a complete idiot would market a product with the word "radioactive". In my fascination with how good the stuff works, I forgot the people are stupid. Oh, well.
But wouldn't it be cool if one could buy No-Count at non-laboratory prices in your local grocery store? (Said non-lab prices not having the automatic 200% markup that manufacturors add for the simple reason that labs can afford it.)
I would buy it.
10.8.04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment