Fugitive seized in '69 shooting
Gripping the right arm that took three bullets 35 years ago, former Chicago police officer Terrence Knox tried to explain his emotions after learning that the man who allegedly shot him had been captured Tuesday night in Toronto.
"I never thought this case would come to closure in my life," Knox, 56, said as he spoke to reporters Wednesday.
The case apparently came to a close about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday when Joseph C. Pannell (the name as published has been corrected in this text), 55, a former Black Panther on the lam since 1974, was arrested as he got into his car near the Toronto Reference Library in downtown Toronto, authorities said.
Pannell, who had been living under the alias Douglas Freeman, had worked as a library research assistant for the last 13 years, said Cpl. Tony Gollob of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
[emphasis added]
See? Proof! Librarians secretly want to shoot all of us. Under that mild-mannered exterior, they secretly have plans to hoard all of the world's books into libraries, then read them all without any interference. Diabolical.
I may just be projecting my own goals in life onto these librarians. Someday, when I'm rich and ruler of the world, I plan on owning a library with too many books for me to possibly read in a lifetime. And I won't let anyone else use it. *rubs hands together evilly* MUAHAHAHA.
Ahem. I mean, I'll help youngsters learn to read, and I'll be a benevolent despot. Right.
No comments:
Post a Comment