There's a rather odd and confusing ad on the train platform right next to my apartment that has been bugging me for months. It makes very little sense, and I see it every day. At first, I'd assumed it would be replaced within a month or two, but it's been up there since the winter. I think I'm beginning to go insane, slightly.
The ad is for one of the lastest MegaCitiCorpFirstThirdNationalCommercialFederal Banks. It consists of a single phrase: "Have your dollar bills been more places than you?"
I've been trying to puzzle this out. Are they trying to get me to travel more? Perhaps since my dollar bills have been lots of places, I'd like to go there, too. But the sweaty, dark pockets of a bunch of people (or dark cash registers) just don't seem like ideal vacation spots.
Is there something wrong with money that has been through a lot of wallets? It is worth the same as a crisp dollar, right?
Then I got to thinking that they meant it as some sort of sexual innuendo. Y'know, saying someone's "been around" can have certain connotations depending on the context. But I really can't wrap my mind around the concept of promiscuous dollar bills, or why I would care (or wish to emulate them).
I haven't switched banks yet. Perhaps this is just another example of my lack of marketing savvy.
13.8.04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
As I'm sure your parents told you this before, don't put money in your mouth!
That's wrong on so many levels. ;) Not to mention just *thinking* about how much bacteria and crud is built up on money, particularly the paper kind.
Then again, back when I was much younger, I used to like sucking on certain coins... quarters, IIRC had the best "taste". I don't *think* it's horribly stunted my growth or anything. I just wouldn't care to repeat the habit nowadays. *grins*
Nice to see you stop by, LOE! I'm afraid I don't think I know you, but now that you know I used to lick coins, that might be a good thing.
Well it would really bug me.
Obviously my dollar bills have been more places than I. I've handled thousands of them. They've been more places, I've had more fun. I wouldn't plan to have fun in that bank.
- The Precision Blogger
http://precision-blogging.blogspot.com
Post a Comment