I normally don't post random links, but I can't help myself.
Free Hugs in Tel Aviv
It just made me smile. Say what you will about crazy leftists in Tel Aviv, but I secretly have lots of sympathy with their take on life... and sometimes they do things that should make everyone realize that we're all well-meaning in our methods. I also was particularly touched by the little kid in the stroller who, after one of the huggers hugged his mother, spontaneously grabbed one of the cookies on the tray in front of him and offered it to the hugger. Says something about 'natural' generosity, I think.
...that, and the music was oddly captivating. I'll need to get some music by Daniel Salomon and see if it's just a fluke or not. Anyone have any info on him? For some reason, it reminded me a little bit of Cake.
Anyways... anyone in Baltimore who wants to go down to the Inner Harbor some day and try that? For that matter, I'll probably spend some time in downtown Chicago in a few weekends... anyone there interested in going down with me and spreading some cheer? Daley Plaza would be a nice place for this, no? (hint, hint, Val)
Full Disclosure: I'm well aware about the 'Free Hugs Movement' and all but bleh, I couldn't care less about Juan Mann, I just loved the particular Israeli incarnation of it. Oh, well.
8.10.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
excuse me sir, but there is only ONE person you will be hugging in downtown Chicago...or hell, anywhere
-the jealous friend
Hmph. Hugs are a renewable resource.
Hey! How 'bout this? We can go together to Mea Shearim or Bnei Brak or something, and offer free hugs - shomer negiah. You'd wear a long skirt and long sleeves, I'd wear white shirt and black pants, and we'd hug all of the people walking down the street. Sound good?
*grins*
i have a BETTER idea!
why dont we not?
Let's go and offer free hugs (you get the girls, i'll get the guys). I'd wear a short skirt and short/no sleeves, You'd wear whatever you wanted...
or how about we just hug each other?
You interested in getting stoned?
I'm all cool with the 'hug each other' bit, though. *smiles*
(disclaimer: wiggin is not a naturally huggy individual. Hug wiggin at your own risk.)
Post a Comment