It's funny what kind of associations relatively innocent phrases can have in today's world. To illustrate:
As many of you know, I spend obscene amounts of time in various laboratories doing mind-numbingly boring activities, so I have a lot of chance to let my mind wander. One day, I kept noticing that my eye kept being drawn to a magnet stuck to one of the cell culture refrigerators. I hadn't consciously read it, but then I gave it a look, and was startled. In big letters, the magnet proclaimed, "Increase your capacity by up to 30%!"
Needless to say, I was somewhat confused about why spammers would have gone to the trouble of making magnets... and more importantly, how such a magnet had found its way to the inside of a cell engineering lab. After all, everyone knows that scientists are particularly well-endowed. (It's all the mutagens that we and our scientific forbears work with. That, and our spectacularly good genes. I mean, have you ever seen an unattractive engineer?)
...only a moment later did I realize that the magnet was advertising a custom freezer rack service to optimize space utilization in the hideously expensive -80 degree freezers we use so much.
One wonders what their marketing department was thinking when they came up with that slogan.
4.10.06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"After all, everyone knows that scientists are particularly well-endowed. (It's all the mutagens that we and our scientific forbears work with. That, and our spectacularly good genes. I mean, have you ever seen an unattractive engineer?)"
oy.
Post a Comment