20.7.04

Ick. It's ugly, isn't it?

Yup, I mean my blog. I don't think it's ugly because it's plain - I rather like simple designs. Rather, the damn thing is ugly because I used a minimalist template and have not had a chance to optimize it to me. Unfortunately, my CSS skillz have fallen hopelessly out of date, so change will be slow in coming. Over time, I will also add things like a link sidebar and all the usual accoutrements, but for now I'm sticking to the KISS philosophy. I'll freely accept comments and suggestions for changing the place around as I slowly bring it into order. This is implicit; from now on, I will assume that you are observant enough to notice changes in the design without needing me to point it out.

On the other hand, I am most specifically not going to monitor traffic to this site. Not only do I want to spare myself the embarrassment of a pathetically small readership, I also abhor the whole idea of obsessively checking places like sitemeter to know exactly which IPs have come trawling by. Nonetheless, I would welcome feedback on anything and everything; as such, I strongly encourage you to leave comments, even inane ones. I cannot guarantee a response, but I will read and enjoy them. Furthermore, I refuse to place my contact information on something so public as this site; as such, comments may be your only method to reach me, unless you know ways from elsewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ender,
Since you have something to say, the important thing is to keep the text readable:
- not a hideous color
- a reasonable font size
- no confusing background color (I read some blogs by highlighting the text with my cursor, to change to a better color combo)

The best use of multiple columns recognizes that on a modern screen (pretty hi-res), a single-column blog will have too many words per screen for easy reading. So if you have something reasonable to put in a second column, by all means make one.

bells & whistles are strictly extra.

I'll ping you when I start posting again..
- Precision blogger
http://precision-blogging.blogspot.com
s6myfl702@sneakemail.com

Ender said...

Thanks. ;) I look forward to the resumption of your blog, if only for my own selfish enjoyment. *grins* Perhaps I can develop a fan base of my own as dedicated. Heh, I crack myself up.

Ender