So, as some of my readers may know, my girlfriend and I have been dating for a couple of years now. Much of this time has been long distance, and we've spent quite a ridiculous amount of cell phone minutes (all thankfully free, as we have the same carrier).
Recently, we realized that we both (a) need new phones, (b) are almost done with our mandatory 2-year plans, and (c) might save some money by purchasing a 'family' plan. Amusingly, though, we've both been a little bit nervous about going ahead with this. After all, sharing a cell plan is commitment.
I find it interesting how the world's standards of relationship status have changed so quickly. Are you dating on facebook? Do you share passwords? How often do you text each other? But sharing a cell plan... well, that's practically marriage.
We actually don't know if it's worth it monetarily to do so, but I just find it amusing that the idea gave us so much pause.
9.8.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Most of the time, getting a phone on the same network is good enough. Family plans aren't that much cheaper.
"Are you dating on facebook? Do you share passwords?"
Dude, I'm married and I won't share passwords. And I don't have a facebook page (yet).
AJQ - I have to admit, I'm rather confused by the site, but perhaps I'll give it a look.
Mark - *nods* I've noted that; the real savings come with 3 phones or more. That's one of the reasons we think it might not actually be worth it monetarily. Funny situations, regardless.
As for passwords... I don't share, say, my bank account password or the like. But the password for my laptop or whatever? I've stopped reading slashdot, so I no longer get the security heebie jeebies about everything. *smiles*
BTW, good to see you around.
you've stopped reading slashdot? This from the fellow who used to read slashdot....oh, hmm, ten times in a day?
times have changed. ;-)
Yes, well, I realized some time ago that while /. had interesting stuff, most of it was a waste of time that didn't materially affect my life. Combined with my disgust at the comment system and overall lack of time, and I scaled back my slashdot reading significantly. I still check it every now and then. Old habits die hard, after all. ;)
Post a Comment